Friday, January 1, 2010

What Were Your Favorite Reads of 2009

Not that 2009 is over, let's review. I'd like to know what were your favorite reads and which ones could you just not finish?

For me my favorites, in no particular order, were:

Glass Castle by Jeannette Wells
Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Faith, Hope and Ivy June by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
The Memory Quilt by T.D. Jakes
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
Extra Credit by Andrew Clements
The Magic Thief and Lost by Sarah Prineas
Silvertongue by Charlie Fletcher
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

Books I started but could not finish:
IraqiGirl: Diary of a Teenage Girl in Iraq by IraqiGirl
Sisters in War: A Story of Love, Family, and Survival in the New Iraq by Christina Asquith

Books that I finished but found disappointing:
The Magician's Elephant by Kate DiCamillo
100 Cupboards: Book 1 (The 100 Cupboards) by N. D. Wilson
Skellig by David Almond

What were your favorites or not so favorites? Post and let me know. I'm always looking to add new titles to the ever growing "to be read" pile.

Currently Reading:
Terrier by Tamora Pierce
The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Currently Listening to:
Gwenhwyfar: The White Spirit (A Novel of King Arthur) by Mercedes Lackey

No comments: