Miss Brooks is the kind of librarian I want to be - if I didn't have to spend so much time checking the block on dry topics that the students could care less about. Her whimsical approach to sharing books with children is sure to entice even the most reluctant of readers. This one is not only worth checking out, but it's worth adding to your personal collection, too.
- Off The Shelf
- Mystery and Suspense Challenge
- 2011 Young Adult Reading Challenge
- 2011 Youth Media Awards Reading Challenge
- Young Adult Historical Fiction Challenge
- Dystopian Challenge
- 2011 Support Your Local Library Challenge
- 350 Page Challenge
- 400 Miles in 2011 Fitness Challenge
- 111 in 2011 Challenge - Books Read
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Miss Brooks Loves Books (and I don't.) by Barbara Bottner
This is a great book about a young student who is convinced there is no book she would ever want to read willingly and the librarian who finds just the right book to change her mind. I wish I was as much fun and as cool as Miss Brooks.