Friday, December 31, 2010

Out With A Bank Read-a-thon Day Two Results and Prediction for Day 3


Yesterday, I  managed to get a little more reading done.  


I finished Lye in Wait by Cricket McRae on Kindle for my iPad. I loved it and I have once again added a new series to my list of ones that I follow.  To see my review click here.

I read about four chapters of  As Easy As Falling Off The Face of the Earth by Lynne Rae Perkins. I'm really enjoying this book. I read or heard somewhere that it is a contender for the Newbery. From what I have read so far, I would not be unhappy if the committee selected it. 

Yesterday, Colorado finally got a real snow - several inches. And since I just got a new car on Tuesday (2011 Sangria Red Ford Escape with all wheel drive) I could have driven in the snow easily, but because it is a new car and I wasn't sure about everyone else's driving I didn't take my car out so I didn't get to listen to Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.  However, I did brave the roads this morning to shop for tonight's New Year's Eve party and got about an hours worth of listening in.  I like this book and I'm glad I'm already on hold for Crescendo.
As for You Killed Wesley Payne, well I didn't even open it. I'm enjoying it about as much as I enjoy giving blood (if you know me, you know I'm needle phobic). In fact I seem to get a headache whenever I read it. On day two, there was no change in my relationship with this book. However, this morning, I did manage to read two chapters.  I agreed to review this book, so I'm going to have to force myself to finish it. And then I'm going to find a teenager to read it and give me their opinion of it. My first instinct when I don't like a young adult book is to question if my feelings are because I'm an adult.  Since I do make recommendations to teens as well as elementary kids, I like to get their feedback as well.

Yesterday I also managed to read several chapters of the ARC of A Crafty Killing by Lorraine Bartlett. I'm really enjoying this book as well. I'm glad it's going to be a series.

As for day three of the Read-a-thon, other than the hour I got to listen to Hush, Hush. I don't think I'll get much more done. I'm too busy cooking for tonight.


How is your reading going?

No comments: