Thursday, February 14, 2008

Currently Reading

I just finished Deborah Wiles' Aurora County All Stars. Perhaps it is because I've met Miss Wiles a couple of times and have heard her speak, but when I read her books, I always hear a lovely southern accent in my head.

Aurora County All Stars is a wonderful book. It's about baseball, it's about finding yourself, it's about finding friends you didn't know you had, and it's about including everyone. It's a book with a message, but it doesn't hit the reader over the head with it. I believe children will enjoy it, but I'm not sure they will appreciate the Walt Whitman references. The true baseball fans will love the quotes from famous players. Another reason I enjoyed this book, is one of my favorite characters from a previous Wiles book (Ruby Lavendar) plays an important role in the story.

I am now reading Elven by Patricia Giff and 7th Heaven by James Patterson. And I'm listening to The New Policeman by Kate Thompson. I love the snippets of Irish music.

What are you reading?

No comments: