Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Young Adult Dystopian Reading Challenge

I mentioned to a group of students that my son and I were in a reading race to see which of us could finish a book first.  It was a random comment as I was discussing books and authors with a group of fifth graders.  Over the following weeks several pairs of students mentioned at checkout that they were in a reading race.  It can be a good way to get a reluctant reader to finish a book.  Sometimes a little competition is good.


That's why I like reading challenges.  If you like young adult books (dystopian books in particular), check out the YA-DE Dystopian Reading Challenge at Bart's Bookshelf's YA-D2 Dsytopian Reading Challenge does.
The challenge starts October 1, 2010 and runs till December 19, 2010 so there is still time to sign-up. I have lots of books currently waiting to be read on my TBR shelf so I decided to go with level 3, which means I will be reading 5 books. 

Here is a list of books I am hoping to read for the challenge:

Floodland by Marcus Sedgewick
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Lies by Michael Grant
Scorch Trials by James Dashner
Pretties by Scott Westerfield

What's on your reading list?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the challenge! You've got some great books on there, and I'll never pass up the opportunity to encourage someone to read some Marcus Sedgwick.

The fact that I can do that for this challenge is just the icing on the cake! ;)