Monday, October 18, 2010

ALA Announces Top Ten Teen Reads for 2010

ALA's Top Ten Teen Reads is a list of top 10 teen reads for a given year as voted on by teens.  This is the only list created for and by teens.


The Teens' Top Ten 2010 is: 
  1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins  *
  2. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
  3. Heist Society by Ally Carter
  4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater  *
  5. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
  6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
  7. Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen *
  8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
  9. Fire by Kristin Cashore *
  10. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson *

I have read five of the top ten (marked with an *).  I loved all of them. As for the other five they are on my to read list - the never ending to read list.  Of the five I have read, it would be hard to pick a top one as I liked each one for a different reason. Each is unique and outstanding in it's own way.  I will say this, if you are a teen with an eating disorder or know or suspect you know a teen with an eating disorder, you should read Anderson's Wintergirls.

What is your top teen read for 2010?

No comments: