Monday, December 20, 2010

350 Page Books 2011 Challenge



Here's the description from What's Your Story:


I’ve noticed that, while I love thick books, I tend to avoid those unless absolutely necessary. So, while I force myself to read the big books, I figured I would make it fun and include you guys too.

And so the 350 page books challenge was born. The objective is to read as many books as possible that contain 350 pages.

The challenge will last from January 1st, 20110- December 31st, 2011.

The Guidelines:
·      *This challenge does not have to only include YA, but it should bepredominantly YA that means at least 75% of the books you read should beyoung adult fiction.
·     * Each book MUST contain 350 pages or more.
·      *Only physical copies and e-books will count toward the challenge. (Sorry, but audio books don’t have pages!)
Y  YES, e-readers DO count! :) 
·       -You can add each book as you read them. You do NOT have to make a list.

One randomly picked participant will receive a massive prize pack withBOOKS and ARCs and SWAG!
So, I'll keep you posted as to how I'm doing.  How about you? Won't you join us?

I've never noticed how thick the books are that I read. As an elementary librarian I read quite a few "short" books, especially if you count the picture books.  But I also read lots of longer books as well.

Sounds like a fun statistic to track.

2 comments:

Rita Renne said...

This sounds like a WONDERFUL challenge! I'm going to take part of it right now~

Anonymous said...

I really don't like books over 300 pages. I'm a HUGE Stephen King fan and have had Under The Dome since it came out but still haven't read it. Have you seen the size of that baby? Over 1000 pages!!!

Another one sitting on my TBR pile is Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story. It's over 700 pages.

I don't know when I'll tackle them.

Good luck with the challenge!