Wednesday, December 29, 2010

400 Miles in 2011 Fitness Challenge





I seem to be hooked on joining challenges. There is just something about a challenge that makes it easier to stick to your to do list.  Those of you who know me in person (and not just through this blog) know that I walk a great deal. I recently lost a great deal of weight and I'm obsessed with keeping it off.  Walking is the kind of exercise I enjoy - and it's hard to stick to it during the winter months when you live in frosty Colorado, but I'm trying.


The 400 Miles in 2011 Fitness Challenge seems just like the thing I need to keep me motivated.  On my to do list for 2011 is to hike up Pikes Peak in August. So a walking challenge should be just the thing to help with that training.


Here are all the details. 



Details:
The challenge will run from January 1st thru December 31st

It's never to late to join.

The purpose is to reach the equivalent of 400 miles (at least) during the year, not a set number of miles a day.

Every Friday morning starting 1/7 I'll put up a new post for everyone to add the link to their progress post. If you'd rather post an update every two weeks, that's fine too, but please visit a few participants every week and give them support.

What counts:
mile for mile-
walking/jogging/running outside or inside on a treadmill
biking inside or inside on a recumbent, spin or stationary bike
WATP Mile DVD's: 1mile walk, 2 mile walk etc.

15 min. equals 1 mile-
cardio
step aerobics
swimming
weight lifting
workout videos
exercise classes

Minutes and miles can roll over:
If you only walk for 3/4 mile, or exercise for 10 minutes, you can add those minutes/minutes to the next day.

Want to join me and get fit in 2011? We can do it!!  Hop over to 400 Miles in 2011 to sign up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good challenge to me. I'll join you in accomplishing it in 2011.

Anonymous said...

Hi Beverly-
I tried finding an email for you but couldn't, so decided to leave a comment here.

I've moved the challenge to my regular blog. If you wouldn't mind, could you change the link at the bottom of you post to the new url which is:

http://bfaos.blogspot.com/2010/12/400-miles-in-2011-fitness-challenge_9641.html

Also, there is a new button and you can find the code there as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've already moved Mr. Linky so you don't have to do anything there.

Thanks!

Booklady said...

Ellie - I made the changes. Thanks for letting me know.

Beverly aka Bookwoman/Booklady

Anonymous said...

Thanks Beverly!

Readaholics said...

Hey Beverly,
Just stopping by to say hi and let you know I put up my miles this week on my blog. I'm also a new follower. Take care, Good Luck.
Dana
Readaholics Anonymous

Readaholics said...

Hey Beverly! Week 2 update I did 4 miles this week, much better, but not the prize. Good luck to you. Have a Supah Week!!!
See ya,
Dana

Booklady said...

Good Job Dana. I'm behind on reporting mine. I've been tracking what little I've been able to do, but I've also been recovering from surgery and it looks like I'm going to have to have more. Though I did get a 30 minute walk in on Friday morning. I'm ready to be done with all this surgery stuff. One of my goals for 2011 is to hike up Pikes Peak in September. So I really need to be able to get back to walking.

Denise G said...

I am also on the list of 400 mile fitness challenge 2011 and follow you with GFC would appreciatge a follow back if you don't mind
http://40plussinglebbw.blogspot.com/

Loads of luck!