Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Book Blogger Swap


This was my first year participating in the Blook Blogger Holiday Swap.  My Secret Santa was Erica from  Complete and Unabridged. She sent me a wonderful package with Murder at the PTA by Laura Alden (I’m saving this is a treat for reading over the Winter Break. It’s great being an Elementary School librarian and getting two weeks off during the winter.) "Pride of Scotland" chardonnay from The Country Squire Winery (Warsaw, NC), Wilmington NC, postcard and magnet, "Winter's Snow" goat milk soap from Twisted Oak Farm (Burgaw, NC), Homemade blueberry basil vinegar (Burgaw, NC).  As I may have mentioned, I’m an Army wife. We spent several years at Ft. Bragg, NC.  Even though I’m a Texan, through and through, Ft. Bragg will always be one of my “homes.” Getting Erica’s gifts were like receiving a care package from home.
Just as Erica was my Secret Santa, I got to be Secret Santa for another blogger (shh! I’m not sure she’s received her package yet, so I can’t reveal the name.)  It was fun putting her package together.  It included: Looking for Alaska by John Green, Jane by April Linder, a hand painted mug, painted by yours truly, a Yankee Candle Christmas candle for getting into the spirit, hot cocoa and an Engineer Cookbook created by the wives in my husband’s last unit.  I hope she enjoys her package as much as I enjoyed mine.

If you were unable to join this year, be sure to do so next year. It's so much fun perusing another blog and figuring out what to send them.

No comments: