Friday, December 3, 2010

Book Blogger Hop - hosted by Crazy For Books

Book Blogger Hop

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word!  This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books!  It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read!  So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list below!!

The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week, so if you don't have time to Hop today, come back later and join the fun!  This is a weekly event!  And stop back throughout the weekend to see all the new blogs that are added! Hop on over to Crazy for Books and check it out.



This week's question comes from Marce who blogs at Tea Time With Marce:
 
 "What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"

I can't think of a popular book from this year that I didn't like. Last year I was not too happy with Goving Bovine by Libba Bray. I thought it was very well written, but I just didn't care for the story.

As for posting a review, I always post my true opinion.  If I feel that a book is well written, but it's just not my cup of tea, I say so. If I think it was not well written I say so and try to point out why, without being cruel.  As a librarian, people count on me for an honest opinion. My blogs are finally beginning to grow and I want my followers to feel they can get an honest and thoughtful review.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

I tried reading Going Bovine and couldn't finish it. I love Libba Bray's other stuff, so I was surprised.

Suko said...

Hopping by to your terrific blog! I have been interested in Going Bovine since I heard about it, and even posted a funny, short video "about" it on my cow blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just hopping by and following through. I value an honest and tactful opinion in a review as well

Shelleyrae

Jenny Q said...

Hopping by to say Hi and I'm a new follower! I see you're listening to Incarceron - I'm on the waiting list for it at the library. I can't wait to read it. I'm hosting a Christmas Giveaway. Please stop by if you get a chance! Let Them Read Books

Booklady said...

Brenda: - I love Bray's other books as well. I hear she has something new coming out, too.

Suko, I'll have to check out your video.

Lady Q - I'm enjoying listening to Incarceron. The reader has a delightful British accent that changes between the characters. I like that is fantasy with a mysterious twist - at least so far.

Thanks for stopping by.

Booklady

Anonymous said...

Hopping through. I agree with honesty in a review, but I always try not to be too harsh. My answer this week is here: http://baffledbooks.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/hopping-around/ if you have a chance to have a look!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

I agree with honest reviews, tactful telling is the key.

Book Blogger Hopper here..:-)